Summary and Suggestions

First, thanks for join here. Because "what the meaning of blog if there is no reader". Hehehe...

Yupsss, I hope you enjoy my blog ...

Okayy... Let's start!



  • Purpose of Practicum

The purposes of practicums are:
  1. To enable pre-service student teachers to develop their teaching skills and pedagogy
  2. To encourage the pre-service student teachers to practice their English skills
  3. To allow the pre-service student teachers to gain a broader regional and world view
  4. To expose future teachers to diverse teaching and learning situations and opportunities, and the value of flexibility.

  • Procedures of Practicum

January 10, we carried out the orientation of the first day starting from a campus tour to laying our of schedule. For the procedure of practicum, USJR's sea teacher coordinator explained to us about the things that will be done during this program.

Hmmm ... actually at that time I was very tired because of a long journey of 2 days, sleeping a little and eating a little. heheheh ...
But, I must pay attention to what he explained to us. this is a very important thing.

Well ... our first week at school began with observation. Yupsss... observation week. At this stage we only observe the way teachers teach in class, curriculum, and so on. After that, the second week was teaching assistant week. That week, we became assistant teachers and helped with some work from our respective cooperative teachers. Then the last week in school is student teacher week. this is the week of our teaching practice.

Then, every Friday afternoon, we always have a meeting with the USJR Sea Teacher Coordinator to conduct debriefing related to concerns in culture and education setup, concerns in teaching assistantship and preparations for lesson implementation.
This is the schedule that you can see..



In general, the  procedures of practicum are :
1. Orientation,
2. Observation in the class,
3. Teaching Assistant,
4. Teaching Practice,
5. Evaluation, and
6. Reflection.

  • Outcomes of Practicum

1. The student teacher can improve the English ability and skill;
2. The student teacher can get many experiences by teaching the students from another country and the culture of the country;
3. The student teacher gains more knowledge regarding the teaching skill and pedagogy

  • The Challanges of Practicum


One of my challenges is language. This program really helped me improve my English skills. I don't want to let language become my problem, so I keep trying to improve my English. then on the first day of my teaching practice in the first class, I still felt a little stiff. so I tried to teach better in the next class and the next day. Yupsss, fall down seven times, stand up eight.

  • Overall Impression

This is a great program. Not only to improve our teaching ability, but we can also improve our English skill, getting the experiences and discovering other new things. Well, this is my dream ever. And I try to do everything well. I tried to be a teacher for students, but also became a friend to them. I really love them all. until I returned to my country, I missed them so much. and all about Cebu City especially USJ-R.

Love from Indonesia...

  • Suggestions for Futute Improvement
I hope that in the future this program will continue and more countries will join. So that each country can share education with each other.





Okayyy... Thank You.
Let's read the other things ^^


.....................................

Komentar